Callers are reaching voicemail rather than being presented with selectable options.
- Virtual Contact Centre
- Log in to Virtual Contact Centre Configuration Manager.
- Go to Home > Scripts and click to edit the script.
- Go to the Script tab.
- Find the options that are not being presented to the caller. Click edit on the Get Digit and change the empty timeout to at least 5 seconds.
The empty timeout is the length of time the system will wait before assuming the caller will not select an option. If empty timeout is met, the system will move on to the empty routing set up within the script.
- Scroll down to unassigned digit and empty for these options.
- Click on unassigned digit and click add. Depending on how the call should route, choose an IVR object from the list and configure it. Do the same for empty.
- Save the script.
The empty timeout within the script is too short and has not been configured to route anywhere.