To turn off or remove existing exceptions for the Camera/Video feature on a browser.
- Virtual Meetings
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Click Options (3 vertical dots, top right).
- Select Settings.
- Scroll down. Beneath On start-up options, click Advanced.
- Click Site settings under the new Privacy and security menu that pops collapses.
- Click Camera, under Permissions.
- Un-toggle Ask before accessing (recommended) to disable/block. This will stop your browser using the camera/video feature entirely.
- Click Menu button (3 horizontal lines, top right).
- Select Content Blocking.
- Select Options.
- Click Privacy and Security panel.
- Scroll to Permissions.
- Click Settings... to the right of Camera.
- Click the Allow dropdown to select Block.
- Note: you can also Block new requests by ticking the box at the bottom of the page, or search for websites to manually Allow or Block using the search bar at the top of the window.
If you have never accessed a Virtual Meeting before, your browser will first ask for permission to use your video and/or audio devices. If you accept/allow this, your browser will remember your decision (on Firefox, you need to tick the Remember this decision box for that to happen). To remove this exception, follow the above and remove the site exception from the list. For example: