8x8's Virtual Office Click2Pop integration with eAgent by eBridge links a user's 8x8 phone to the eAgent software. It produces an information screen pop on record match for incoming calls. Consult this guide for installation and configuration.
The 8x8 Web Dialer for Internet Explorer can be installed from Click2Pop, and allows users to click on highlighted phone numbers to initiate outbound phone calls.
8x8 eAgent Click2Pop Technical Requirements
The eAgent integration requires:
- An 8x8 Account Manager-based Virtual Office extension
- Administrator access rights to your PC
- Microsoft Windows 7 higher
- Web Dialer support: Internet Explorer 11, Google Chrome
Click2Pop Download and Installation
Note: 8x8 integration plug-ins are designed to be installed locally, on each computer employing them. They cannot be installed on a server being accessed by terminal devices.
When troubleshooting issues, ensure that the plug-in is installed directly on the device attempting to use it.
Download and install Click2Pop
- Download the eAgent Client software.
- Find and run the downloaded installer.
- Click Next, and then Close once the installation is complete.
Configure Click2Pop with eAgent
Follow these steps to configure the inbound call feature of Click2Pop for eAgent.
- Run 8x8 Click2Pop.
- Click the Login tab.
- Enter your 8x8 User ID and Password and click Log In.
- Now log into eAgent and navigate to Setup > VoIP Integration.
- From the Select VoIP Provider list, select 8x8.
- Copy the URL provided in the text box. You'll need this URL in the steps, below.
- On the Inbound calls tab of Click2Pop, click the Web page dropdown and select Custom, then check the Customize box.
- Paste the entire URL that you copied from eAgent into the URL text field. The URL should look similar to this:
- Also add the following text into the Variable for caller number field:
- To enable automatic telephone number lookup and browser-pop, check the box next to Automatically open the web page. Then select which action triggers the pop:
- When I receive a call
- When I answer a call
- If desired, check the box next to Display a desktop alert when I receive a call. This will temporarily force a small notification window to pop up at the bottom right corner of the screen when an inbound call is received.
- Your changes will be automatically saved. Close the Click2Pop dialog box by clicking the red X in the upper right corner.
- The eAgent plugin (8x8 Click2Pop) will remain running in the background and visible in the system tray. You can click on the icon at any time to open the application, or right-click on it or see available settings.
Install the 8x8 Web Dialer for Internet Explorer
The 8x8 Web Dialer browser plugin for Internet Explorer allows you to initiate outbound calls by clicking on phone numbers listed in web pages.
If you normally use a desk phone to handle your calls, you can configure Virtual Office Desktop to automatically route your clicked outbound calls to that desk phone.
- First, run 8x8 Click2Pop.
- After the application opens, click the Browser extensions tab.
- Click Add to Internet Explorer to connect the integration with Internet Explorer on your computer.
- If needed, you can instead download and run the Microsoft installation file (MSI) file for Internet Explorer Web Dialer.
- Click Run in the Internet Explorer View Downloads window.
- Click Next in the 8x8 Internet Explorer Web Dialer window.
- Once the installation is finished, click Close.
- Then click Close in the View Downloads window to complete the Web Dialer installation.
Verify that the Web Dialer Plugin is Enabled
Once the Web Dialer plugin is installed, you can verify that it is enabled in Internet Explorer:
- In Internet Explorer, click on the Tools gear icon and select Manage add-ons.
- In Manage Add-Ons, confirm that the 8x8 Web Dialer Status displays Enabled.
- If it is listed as Disabled, click on the 8x8 Web Dialer entry and then click the Enable button.
- Click Close to close the Manage Add-Ons window.
- If you made any change, refresh your browser page to initiate that change.
ActiveX Controls Message
When you first open Internet Explorer, you may receive a message regarding ActiveX controls being restricted.
Click on Allow blocked content. This is required to run the 8x8 Web Dialer, and only occurs when you first open Internet Explorer.