Users no longer see their 8x8 Virtual Office contact call status (presence) in Skype for Business when those contacts are on a call or available.
This applies to 8x8 Virtual Office phone extensions used in conjunction with the 8x8 Skype for Business integration.
There are two primary causes for this issue:
- Users of the Skype for Business Integration v6.x integration are not logged in to the integration communication panel. Or:
- Users have upgraded Virtual Office Desktop to v6.x, while still using one of the following older Skype for Business plugins:
- 8x8 Microsoft Integration v5.0.10
- 8x8 Skype for Business Integration v188.8.131.52
Note: To display and confirm the version of Virtual Office Desktop you are using, select About Virtual Office from the Virtual Office menu.
Log in to the 8x8 communication panel
For Virtual Office presence status in Skype for Business, you must log in to the communication panel.
To do this:
- Click on the red 8x8 communication panel tab
- Use your 8x8 Virtual Office credentials to log into the communication panel.
You should then see the call status of other Virtual Office users on your 8x8 service.
The v6.x Skype for Business integration does not require the use of Virtual Office Desktop, unless users do not have another active 8x8 phone device on their extension, such as Virtual Office Mobile or a desk phone.
Also: Keep in mind that the integration comm panel is not a softphone, and does not provide call audio services.
Install the latest version of the Skype for Business integration
To see Virtual Office user presence in Skype for Business:
- User's must uninstall the 8x8 Microsoft Integration v5.0.10 or 8x8 Skype for Business Integration v184.108.40.206, if either of them are installed.
- Then download and install the latest Skype for Business Integration v6.x.
It's also recommended that users download and install the latest version of 8x8 Virtual Office Desktop, as all versions of VOD 5.9.0 and older will be retired and deactivated in November of 2019.
For information on using the v6.x Skype for Business integration, follow the instructions located here:
Other recommended downloads: