This guide will briefly show you the basic features and use of the Virtual Office for Outlook Click to Call Plugin.
- This plugin is for Windows users only.
- This plugin also requires that the user install and be logged into 8x8 Virtual Office Desktop version 6.
Microsoft Outlook, Virtual Office for Outlook Click to Call Plugin, 8x8 Virtual Office Desktop version 6
There are three basic ways to initiate a call from Microsoft Outlook using this plugin.
Once you click to make your call, Virtual Office Desktop will respond according the settings you've applied to it.
Click on a phone number in an email
- Calls can be initiated by clicking on phone numbers in an opened email, or from the Outlook reading pane.
Call from the sender context menu in email
- Right-click on the email sender's name to open the context menu, and select Call with 8x8.
- This requires that the sender already be listed in your Contacts, and that a phone number is assigned in that contact.
Download the Plugin
Click the following link to open the download page for this plugin.