The Virtual Office Meetings add-in for Microsoft Office 365 is an integration that gives you the ability to create virtual meetings directly from your Office 365 tools.
- Create single instance or recurring events
- Available for use on macOS
Tip: The add-in discussed in this article works with the web-based Microsoft Office 365 application. Windows users who prefer to download and install the desktop integration can use the Outlook Plugin for Virtual Office Meetings.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I install the Virtual Office Meetings add-in for Microsoft Office 365?
In order to be able to use the 8x8 Virtual Office Meetings add-in with Office 365, your Exchange Admin will be required to install the add-in by going to Exchange Admin Center > Organizations. They will find this add-in in the add-ins section. After installation is complete, the add-in will be available to all users on the Office 365 account.
Installing the Add-In as a User
Note: This is a one-time activity required to enable the add-in on a user’s account.
- Log in to Office 365 with an account that has access to Office 365 Mail.
- Click Settings (gear icon).
- Under Your App Settings, click Mail.
- Navigate to General > Manage Add-ins. Check the box in the Turned ON column for the 8x8 Outlook Integration.
How do I verify if the add-in is available on a user’s account?
- Navigate to your Office 365 home screen and select Mail from the Apps section.
- Click the App Launcher icon.
- Select Calendar.
- Click New in the top navigation bar.
- Enter details for a test invitation.
- Notice the Office 365 calendar add-in icon on the top navigation bar. Click it and log in to an 8x8 account, if not already logged in.
- Once successfully logged in, the Add Virtual Office Meeting button will now be available every time you create a new invitation.
Do 8x8 users need both add-ins for Microsoft Outlook for Windows?
No! Both add-ins can be used in the PC-installed Microsoft Outlook. However:
- The Virtual Office Meetings Add-In for Microsoft Office 365 functions in both Outlook 365 (online) and the PC-installed Microsoft Outlook.
- The Microsoft Outlook Plugin for Virtual Office Meetings is designed for users of the locally-installed Outlook, who do not have Office 365 (online) or a Microsoft Exchange-based email service.
How do I differentiate the Outlook Integration add-in from the Office 365 add-in in Outlook?
Regardless of how you access Outlook in Microsoft Office 365 (first screenshot), you will only see the Join Meeting or Add Virtual Office Meeting button if you are logged in to your 8x8 account and to the email on your Office 365 account.
The Microsoft Outlook desktop add-in (second screenshot) is not email-dependent. No matter which email is configured in Outlook, you will still see the 8x8 meeting buttons.
I have the Microsoft Outlook Integration add-in already installed and my account is enabled for access to the Office 365 add-in as well. Will the two conflict and interfere with scheduling a VO meeting?
Both add-ins will still work, but if you have the Virtual Office Meetings Add-In for Microsoft Office 365 installed, you can safely uninstall the Outlook Plugin for Virtual Office Meetings from your PC.