After a Salesforce administrator installs and configures the 8x8 Virtual Office for Salesforce Integration v1.8 from the Salesforce AppExchange marketplace, the 8x8 communication panel will appear for assigned agents, but fails to respond to any inbound or outbound calls.
This issue applies specifically to the 8x8 Virtual Office for Salesforce Integration v1.8.
To resolve this problem, the Salesforce administrator must immediately perform the following:
- Upgrade the 8x8 integration from v1.8 to v2.8. Follow the instructions in the article linked below.
- Move all users assigned to the original call center to the new call center:
- Call center v1.8: 8x8 Virtual Office for Console and Non Console
- Call center v2.8: 8x8 Virtual Office Integration - Next Generation With Lightning
- All assigned users must then log out of Salesforce and log back in for the change to take effect.
Once the upgrade process is completed, the old call center labeled 8x8 Virtual Office for Console and Non Console can safely be deleted.