This is a brief guide to creating a basic report for 8x8 user call activity in Salesforce, from data stored by the 8x8 Virtual Office for Salesforce integration.
Note: This guide is provided strictly for Salesforce user convenience. Support for creating reports in Salesforce is not provided by 8x8, and issues with reports should be directed to Salesforce.
This article applies to the 8x8 Virtual Office integration for Salesforce.
The reports created using this process in Salesforce Lightning can also be viewed in Classic mode.
These instructions will show you how to create a report in Salesforce Lightning that will both separate user Task activity into individual assigned user sections, and provide a sum total of each user’s call times for the day.
- In Salesforce Lightning, navigate to Sales (or another app of your choosing), then Reports > New Report.
- Choose Report Type > Tasks and Events > Continue.
- Give your report a name at the top-left of the screen.
- Click on Fields at the far left to expand the Field list.
- Drag and drop the fields you want in the report. For this to work for sorting by user, and to display the Call Duration sums, you’ll need at least these two fields:
- Call Duration (seconds)
Note: Custom 8x8 call log fields can also be added to a report, once they have been configured in Salesforce.
- On the Filters tab, set the filter variables for the report. For this example, the following options were selected:
- Show Me: All Activities
- Date: Created Date
- Range: Today
- Show: Open & Completed Activities
- Show: Tasks
- Click on the drop-down arrow for Call Duration (seconds), click Summarize, and select (check) Sum.
- Click on the drop-down arrow for Assigned and select Group Rows by This Field to force the separation of assigned user data.
- You might immediately see a complete sample of what the report will look like, depending on the available data — in this example we're reporting on Today.
- Click Save & Run, then verify your report settings and click Save in the Save Report window.
- At the bottom of the Report screen, there are slider switches that help control the view. Toggle them on and off to see what suits you best in the report view.
When you run your new report, Assigned users will be separated into their own sections, and the total Call Duration for each user is summed at the bottom of each user's section.
Note: The Call Duration (minutes) column can also be added to the report, but it cannot provide a total time sum in the report.
This is because Salesforce treats this as a text field, rather than a numerical field. Because of this, the Summarize option does not appear in the dropdown selection for the Call Duration (minutes) field.