There is a failure on the first attempt of sending an E-Fax.
- Virtual Office Desktop
Double check that the E-Fax is within the limits and restrictions of the service. Listed below are the restrictions and limitations.
- Total fax size sent cannot be greater than 19 MB.
- Maximum of 5 files per fax.
- Maximum page count of fax attachment in fax email notification is 20 pages.
- E-fax notification with attachments are only available with faxes up to 20 pages (inbound only).
- Any fax exceeding 20 pages can still be downloaded from Virtual Office Desktop.
- Must use 11 digits for sending outbound fax. If a Number is Incomplete error appears, ensure that the user is sending to a fax number using 11 digits (e.g., 1 + 10-digit number).
- Files sent cannot include any special characters or letters with accents. (Ex: ñ)
Adjust the fax so that it within the limits and it should send correctly.
If the issue continues after checking that the E-Fax is within the limits of service, contact 8x8 technical support.
- File attachment does not fall within E-Fax limitations.
- Fax destination is unable to receive faxes.
- Fax server may be under high load.
- Possible incompatibility/issue with receiving fax machine.