Virtual Office Desktop (8x8's Softphone application) crashes upon sign in or shortly after any activity. After reinstalling, the application does not load long enough to allow the user to change settings or switch to New Experience mode.
- Virtual Office Desktop v 5.9
- Windows 8.1
Reinstall Virtual Office Desktop
- Uninstall Virtual Office Desktop.
- Reboot the system.
- Install the latest version of VOD.
- Go to Settings > General.
- Select Switch to New Experience.
- Switch to New Experience mode.
If after reinstalling VOD the application does not load long enough to allow the user to switch to New Experience mode, continue on to the next section.
Overwrite the 8x8 Directories
Overwriting the 8x8 directories in Program Files (x86) and Roaming (%appdata% in user's File Explorer) with functional 8x8 directories from a system that is already configured in New Experience mode will do either one of two things:
- The 8x8 application will instantly load in the New Experience mode, thereby resolving the issue.
- The 8x8 application will load prompting for the user's 8x8 login credentials (as if the the application is running on a new Windows profile instance), giving you enough time to enable the Switch to New Experience after the user signs in. (You may need to run the application as administrator to enable this route of resolution).
This may be due to incompatible interoperability with 8x8 Contacts that are not also on the New Experience interface.