Upon opening the Virtual Office Desktop application on your Windows PC, the program continuously attempts to download and install the latest update unsuccessfully. The app is unusable, preventing you from logging in to make or receive calls, send messages or faxes, etc.
Virtual Office Desktop
IT Admin Process
IT admins assisting colleagues with this issue should do the following:
- From Windows Task Manager or another management interface, end the 8x8 - Virtual Office app process.
- Uninstall the Virtual Office Desktop application.
- Download and install the latest version of Virtual Office Desktop: Click here.
- Once installed, have the user:
- Run Virtual Office Desktop.
- Click Virtual Office > Settings > General.
- Uncheck Automatically apply application updates.
Disabling Updates for All Users
IT administrators can also use Windows Group Policy to automatically disable the Automatically apply application updates setting for all users.
This issue happens when both conditions below are true:
- You do not have local administrative privileges to your Windows PC.
- Your Virtual Office Desktop settings are configured to automatically apply updates: Settings > General > Automatically apply application updates.