Sending a fax through the Virtual Office Desktop application.
- Virtual Office Desktop
- Internet fax
- Log in to Virtual Office Desktop.
- Click Fax.
- Click the New icon.
- Click To: to select the fax recipient. You can select an existing contact or type the destination number in the search bar.
- To attach a file to send, click the Attach icon or drag and drop a file into the Virtual Office Desktop window.
- When all documents are attached, click the Send icon at the top right.
- Allow the document time to send. Multiple attachments, documents with multiple pages, or large documents that contain images can take longer to fax.
- If you have been given internet fax function, but do not see the Fax option, log out of Virtual Office Desktop and log back in.
- To add internet fax in Virtual Office Configuration Manager, follow the guide here.
- To add internet fax in Virtual Office Account Manager, please contact your sales associate.
Internet Fax Limitations
- Attach multiple files in a single fax, to a total of just under 19 MB.
- You may experience issues sending or receiving faxes more than 20 pages in length.
- The following file extensions (document types) are supported html, docx, doc, dotx, dotm, dot, mht, mhtml, rft, txt, wps, xml, xlsx, xlsm, xlsb, xls, xltx, xltm, xlt, csv, tif, pdf, ppt, BMP, DCX, DIB, DPX, FAX, FITS, FPX, GIF, GIF87, ICO, IPTC, JBIG, JP2, JPEG, JPG, MIFF, MNG, MPC, MTV, OTB, PBM, PCD, PCDS, PCT, PCX, PGM, PICT, PNG, PNM, PPM, PSD, P7, RAS, RGBA, SGI, SUN, TGA, TIFF, VICAR, VID, VIFF, WMF, XBM, XPM, XWD
- You can access a fax directly from Virtual Office for up to two months.