Updating the E911 address in Virtual Office Desktop.
- Virtual Office Desktop
- Account Manager Users
- Log in to Virtual Office Desktop.
- Click Settings (Gear).
- Select Account Settings.
- On the Virtual Office Settings page, go to E911.
- Click [ + Add E911 Service Address ].
- Enter the new address information and click Validate.
- If the address is valid, you will see a pop-up message indicating that the address has been validated.
- If the address is invalid, you will see a message prompting you to either edit or confirm the address you entered. To edit the address, click Let me edit the address. To confirm the address as entered, click I am sure the address entered is correct.
- After the address has been validated by Virtual Office or confirmed by you, click Save to save your changes.
E911, or Enhanced 911, is a means for wireless phone users in North America to provide more accurate location information when calling 911 emergency services. Providing this information within Virtual Office Desktop settings will allow the proper emergency services to locate you more easily when calling from your 8x8 Virtual Office services. When calling 911 from Virtual Office, emergency services will respond to the address listed in your E911 settings.