Note: To transfer your number to 8x8 in Virtual Office Configuration Manager, click here.
The below process is applicable to US and Canada customers only. If your 8x8 services are set up for use in another country, please work with your reseller or support contact to complete the number porting process. The process outlined below is specific to Account Manager.
To begin the Number Transfer process
- Click Phone System from the top navigation bar.
- In the gray box to the left, find and click Number Transfer.
- Review instructions and gather the required information.
- Click the red Begin Number Transfer button.
Please keep in mind:
- It is critical that you fill in your information correctly. Your current carrier may not release your number if information entered here is not complete and accurate.
- Do not cancel your old phone service until after your number is transferred to 8x8. We cannot transfer your number(s) unless your account is still active with your old provider. After your number has been transferred to 8x8, your former phone service provider may automatically discontinue your service with them. However, you should contact your former phone service provider to confirm this.
- Do you have DSL? You cannot transfer a number that has DSL service associated with it. You can sign up for cable or satellite service, and then you can transfer the number to 8x8. Or, you can contact your current provider and ask for a new number for your DSL service, have the DSL switched to the new number, then port your old number.