Note: To activate your desk phones in Account Manager, a legacy version of Virtual Office Configuration Manager, click here.
Activating a device in Configuration Manager to use for 8x8 services.
- Configuration Manager
Before You Begin!
You will need:
- The phone(s) you’ll be activating.
- The email with your login credentials.
- A User Profile with a license assigned that will be associated with the device.
- A phone number claimed or ported and assigned to the user.
If you have forgotten your password, you can reset it easily via the 8x8 Virtual Office login page.
Only one physical phone can be activated per extension.
Activating a new ATA Through the User's Profile in VO Configuration Manager
Log in to VO Configuration Manager.Before you begin, create a user profile and ensure that the device you wish to activate is added to the Devices List on your account. To add a device, Go to Devices > Add a Device Model and select your device from the drop-down.
- Click Users.
- Select an available Virtual Office Services license according to to the plan you have purchased from 8x8.
- Go to Voice Basic Settings.
- Enter or Suggest an extension.
- Select the device model type depending on your use case for the ATA
- Analog Fax Device - Used when connecting the device to a fax machine
- Analog Voice Device - Used when connecting the device to a analog phone
- Overhead Paging Device - Used when connecting the device to an overhead paging amplifier
- Click Select the ATA terminal
- Click Add new terminal and give it a unique name
- Click Add Device
- MAC Address: Enter your device's MAC Address.
- Click Save to confirm your changes. your device will be activated once the user is saved.
- Restart or Connect your adapter and allow ~10 minutes for the device to download it's configuration file