Note: To activate your desk phones in Account Manager, a legacy version of Virtual Office Configuration Manager, click here.
Note: Only one physical phone can be activated per extension.
Just getting started with your new VoIP phone? Activation is a snap! Follow the instructions below to activate your device.
Before you Begin
You will need:
- The phone(s) you’ll be activating.
- The email with your login credentials.
- A User Profile with a license assigned that will be associated with the device.
- A phone number claimed or ported and assigned to the user.
If you have forgotten your password, you can reset it easily via the 8x8 Virtual Office login page.
Activating a phone previously used with another service?
If you are activating a Polycom or Yealink IP phone previously used with another service, you may not yet see an onscreen prompt to activate the phone. Please consult one of the following guides:
To activate your phone
- Connect the phone to your Ethernet connection using the provided Ethernet cable. (If your network does not feature power over Ethernet, be sure to also connect and plug in the power adaptor.)
- Your phone will automatically power up and display Activate on the screen.
- Pick up the handset (or turn on the speakerphone).
- Following the voice prompts and enter the Activation Code that you received in your welcome email.
- The phone will reboot and then come online.
For additional instructions, refer to the Quickstart Guide that came with your phone or the online 8x8 Equipment Matrix.
Note: Account administrators can activate devices in the user's profile in Virtual Office Configuration Manager.
To activate devices through the user's profile in VO Configuration Manager
Before you begin, create a user profile and ensure that the device you wish to activate is added to the Devices List on your account. To add a device, Go to Devices > Add a Device Model and select your device from the drop-down.
- Log in to VO Configuration Manager.
- Click Users.
- Select an available Virtual Office Services license according to to the plan you have purchased from 8x8.
- Go to Voice Basic Settings.
- Enter or Suggest an extension.
- Assign a Device to the user. Once you select the device, you will be able to activate the phone by selecting one of the options below:
- MAC Address: Enter your device's MAC Address.
- Activation Code (an activation code will display if this option is selected)
- Click Save to confirm your changes. If you selected MAC Address, your device will be activated once the user is saved. If you selected Activation Code, follow the instructions above to activate your phone.