Note: Only Cisco 3PCC phones purchased from 8x8 are supported.
The following is valid for Cisco 3PCC phone models 7821, 8841, and 8861.
Need to provision a Cisco SPA IP phone? Click here.
Before You Begin
- Connect the phone to the network and power it on. (If you will be using a computer to complete provisioning setup, ensure the phone and computer are on the same VLAN/subnet.)
- Verify that the device has a valid factory-installed device certificate: Applications > Status> Product Info > Certificate. Scroll down to look for the message Certificate: Installed. If you do not see this, the phone cannot be provisioned for use with 8x8.
- Factory reset the phone: Applications > Device Administration > Factory Reset > OK.
Provisioning the Phone for Use with 8x8 Service
Note: Ensure the phone and computer are on the same VLAN/subnet to complete the following steps.
- Find and note the phone's IP address: Applications (gear) button > Status > Network Status.
- On a computer on the same network as the phone, enter the phone's IP address.
- Log in to the web GUI and point the endpoint to 8x8's configuration server:
- Username: admin / Password: (MAC Password)
- Admin Login > Advanced > Voice > Provisioning
- Profile Rule: https://cisco.8x8.com/cisco/$MA.cfg
- Upgrade Enable: Yes (default)
- Upgrade Error Retry Delay: 3600 (default)
- Upgrade Rule:
- Click Submit All Changes. (Phone should reset.)
- Once the phone boots back up, manually reboot the phone again.
- Following the manual reboot, wait 30 seconds. The phone will reboot again on its own. It should display Phone not active yet.
- Activate the phone using the activation code.