Calls go straigth to the Voice Mail when you dial the phone number of the extension.
- Polycom phones. May also apply to other devices
This TS is applicable when the phone is online on the intraSwitch but the call still goes directly to the VM
1. Make a test call and dial the direct number of the affected extension.
2.If the calls goes to the VM check the phone and make sure its not on DND (Do Not Disturb mode).
* For VVX Series (Colored screen)
3. Press Home-then look for the DND icon. Make sure that its on disabled
If the DND icon with the minus sign is BLACK then its Disabled.
If the DND icon with the minus sign is RED then its Enabled.
For VVX Series (Black and White)
4. Press Home-then look for the DND icon. Make sure that its on disabled
- If the DND icon with the minus sign is NOT HIGHLIGHTED then its Disabled.
- If the DND icon with the minus sign is HIGHLIGHTED then its Enabled.
5. After checking on this and making sure that the phone is no longer on DND mode. Make a test call by dialing the direct DID of the extension.
6. If the test call is not successful the proceed to the next step.
7. Need to check the Physical phone for any forwarding rules.
8. Press the Home Icon the select "Forward" icon.
9. Check the 3 settings and make sure all are set to "Disabled".
- Always = (Disabled)
- No Answer = (Disabled)
- Busy = (Disabled)
10. After setting this 3 to disabled, make a test call and see if the phone will ring.
11. If its still not working Ask the Customer to Dial *79 on the phone
12. The customer should hear the phone announcing "Do not Disturn is disabled". the do a test call.
Having the phone on DND mode will automatically send the call to the Voice Mail regardless of the forwarding rules you have in the account manager or configuration manager.
[Optional: Delete this section if not needed] Add any other helpful info and/or links to other documentation...