To manually provision a Polycom device.
- Polycom Devices
Reset Phone to Factory Defaults
- On the phone, press the Menu key.
- Select the Settings option.
- Select the Advanced option.
- Enter the password 456 and press the Enter softkey.
If 456 does not work, please see this article on how to obtain the phone's Administrator Password.
- Select Admin Settings.
- Select Restore to Defaults.
Provision Phone into Production
- Check the phone's firmware version by going to Menu > Status > Platform > Application > Main. You will need to reference this information in Step 7.
- Power cycle the phone.
- Quickly press the Setup softkey as soon as it appears.
- Enter password 456.
- Select Provisioning Server (Server Menu on old firmware).
- Change Server Type to HTTPS.
- Change Server Address to the correct address for your phone (depending on firmware version):
- UC4.0+: pccfg.8x8.com/polycomuc/
- Exit Server Menu.
- Select the SNTP Address.
- Enter: pool.ntp.org.
- Select Exit, then select Save & Reboot.
- Allow several minutes for the phone to reboot and connect to the 8x8 servers. When rebooting is complete, continue on to activate your phone.