Setting a custom background image or wallpaper on a Polycom phone.
Some users prefer to have custom background images on their phones. The following 8x8 Polycom IP phones support the ability to customize background images (.bmp or .jpg/jpeg formats):
- SoundPoint IP 550 (213 x 111 pixels)
- SoundPoint IP 670 (213 x 111 pixels)
- VVX 300/310 (208 x 104 pixels)
- VVX 400/410 (320 x 240 pixels)
- VVX 500/510 (320 x 240 pixels)
- VVX 600 (480 x 272 pixels)
- VVX 1500 (800 x 480 pixels)
- Polycom Phones
The phone's web GUI features two ways to display background images, but only the first is supported on 8x8 services.
Background images can be changed through upload to a local server via the web GUI. This method is supported with caveats. Note: Custom background images will be lost and need to be input again upon phone restart or reset.
Background images can also be changed through a public image URL. This method is not supported on 8x8 services.