Some users prefer to have custom background images on their phones. The following 8x8 Polycom IP phones support the ability to customize background images (.bmp or .jpg/jpeg formats):
- SoundPoint IP 550 (213 x 111 pixels)
- SoundPoint IP 670 (213 x 111 pixels)
- VVX 300/310 (208 x 104 pixels)
- VVX 400/410 (320 x 240 pixels)
- VVX 500/510 (320 x 240 pixels)
- VVX 600 (480 x 272 pixels)
- VVX 1500 (800 x 480 pixels)
Changing the Background Image
The phone's web GUI features two ways to display background images, but only the first is supported on 8x8 services.
Background images can be changed through upload to a local server via the web GUI. Note: Custom background images will be lost and need to be input again upon phone restart or reset.
Background images can also be changed through a public image URL. This method is not supported on 8x8 services.