Chatting with 8x8 Support
Please note that chat is available only for Virtual Office and Virtual Contact Center issues. Chat is not available for our ContactNow, Quality Management, or Residential products at this time. Be sure to select the product you are experiencing an issue with from the Which 8x8 Product? drop-down.
Please note that ContactNow is an 8x8 product and not a Support Chat option. Do not select ContactNow unless you are a ContactNow customer.
Create a New Case for Chat
- In the upper right corner of the knowledge base, click Get Support. You will be taken to your Support Portal home page.
- Click Cases and select New Case to begin creating a new case. You will see a form that is pre-populated with your name, company name, and contact information.
Note: If your contact information is incorrect, ask your account administrator to update it in Account Manager or Configuration Manager. If you are experiencing multiple issues, please create a separate case for each issue. Cancellation requests must be submitted to 8x8 Support over the phone.
- Complete all required fields on the Create a Case form, including a detailed description of the issue you are experiencing.
- To chat about your issue, click Start a Chat. The page will refresh to show your new case, and the 8x8 pre-chat form will open in a pop-up window.
- Complete the pre-chat form, being sure to include your Case Number.
- Click Send.
Chat About An Existing Case
If you have an open Virtual Office or Virtual Contact Center case, you can chat about your case with an 8x8 Support agent.
- In the upper right corner of the knowledge base, click Get Support. You will be taken to your Support Case home page.
- Click Cases and select View Cases.
- To chat about open VO or VCC cases, click the Case Number in the list of open cases.
- To the right of the case details, click Chat About This Case to chat with an 8x8 Support agent about your case.
- The 8x8 pre-chat form will open in a pop-up window. Complete the form, being sure to include your Case Number.
- Click Send to initiate the chat.
For more details on how to view information for previously submitted cases, see Viewing and Managing Cases in the 8x8 Support Portal.