Tracking participant connection strength and managing the quality of your inbound and outbound video to improve meeting performance, ensuring the best possible meeting experience.
- 8x8 Meet
- Video Quality
Monitor Participant Connection Strength
- If you notice that the quality of your (or another participant’s) video or microphone audio is poor, you can hover over the Connection icon on a participant's tile to view the strength of their connection to the meeting.
- If the source of another participant's problem is clear, you can advise the participant accordingly.
- If you see that your own connection is experiencing a drop in strength, consider changing your meeting video quality to improve your meeting experience.
Manage Inbound and Outbound Video Quality
- From the menu bar, select More actions to open a menu of advanced meeting controls and options.
- From the menu, select Performance Settings to open meeting quality controls.
- In the Performance Settings window, select a video quality level between:
- Highest quality
- Best performance
- This affects the quality of inbound participant video that you see, and the quality of outbound video that participants see of you.