Internal users see a user's name associated with calls showing from a main number caller Id.
- SCIM Provisioned Users
- Calls received by agents in 8x8 Work from Contact Center
- This can be caused when the user account of the name displayed has the number configured as their work phone number in the 8x8 Directory.
- This is set by the SCIM Provider (such as Microsoft Azure AD or Okta) using the User Provisioning Integration (SCIM)
- This should be changed from SCIM Provider
Checking if a user is provisioned using SCIM
- The user's First name, Last name, Email and Username will not be editable in 8x8 Admin Console, Users, Edit
- User Provisioning Integration (SCIM) is configured in 8x8 Admin Console, Identity and Security
- It is possible for SCIM Users to remain if this was previously configured and later removed
Microsoft Azure AD SCIM Provider
- Syncs every 40 minutes, you may also need to wait for your endpoint to sync with the 8x8 Directory
- The default mapping for this field from Microsoft Azure AD is
- Azure AD Attribute: telephoneNumber
- Azure AD Portal Name: Office phone
- Microsoft Azure AD: User provisioning attribute mappings
Removing the field from the 8x8 Directory
- If the field has been removed from the SCIM Provider and remains in the 8x8 Directory after it has had time to sync, 8x8 Support can remove the field from the user account.
- If the field is removed from the 8x8 Directory and has not been removed from the SCIM Provider it will be repopulated when it re-synchronizes.