An 8x8 Contact Center Agent is receiving voicemails on their Work for Desktop phone.
- Contact Center
- 8x8 Work phone
Edit Agent's 8x8 Work Call Forwarding settings.
- Check box the box for When user is busy, and define the rule for Forward all calls to ...
- Edit the rule When user does not answer the call within 35 seconds.
- Change it to 40 seconds (10 seconds longer than the Contact Center Interaction Offer Timeout).
- Click Save.
In the 8x8 Work call records, we find voicemail calls for the agent's extension coming from "Forwarded (Busy)".
One of the following may also be true:
- Agent is not assigned to any Contact Center voicemail channels.
- Agent does not have voicemail enabled in their agent profile.
- Inbound queue the agent is assigned to do not have voicemail enabled.
- Agent is not assigned to any outbound queues.
- Agents Contact Center Interaction Offer Timeout is 30 seconds.
- Agent is not part of any Ring Groups, or Call Queues in 8x8 Work.
- The voicemails are from the Contact Center inbound phone channel number.
- The 8x8 Work Call Forward time out is 35 seconds.
For instructions on checking the Contact Center Interaction Offer Timeout and the 8x8 Work Call Forwarding rules, see Calls Are Going To Voicemail Instead Of The Next Agent.
To confirm the call records, please create a case with 8x8 Technical Support