- 8x8 Meeting Rooms
8x8 Meeting Rooms is a new feature that lets users easily join 8x8 Video Meetings from a physical space such as a huddle or conference room. 8x8 Meeting Rooms uses standard video conference equipment configured for the room to let hosts and participants easily connect to 8x8 Video Meetings. The solution eliminates frustrating setup and lets users focus on the meeting.
8x8 Meeting Rooms Capabilities
- One touch to start a new meeting or join an existing meeting.
- Wireless content sharing.
- Easy room control from Virtual Office.
- Zero-setup, plug-in screen sharing via a cable.
- Built-in outbound dialing (useful for joining 3rd party conferences).
- Integration with popular calendar systems: iCloud, Google, Office365, Exchange, and Outlook.com.
- IT administrator web-based view of assigned room licenses, current room status, and in-room user feedback reports.
8x8 Meeting Rooms Components
The table below summarizes the key components:
|TV or Display||Required||Show remote and local meeting content|
|Room Computer||Required||Loads Chrome-based Meetings Rooms app & connects all hardware peripherals|
|Camera||Required (may be bundled)||Shows in-room meeting attendees to remote participants|
|Speaker||Required (may be bundled)||Plays remote attendee audio (optional—may be built into the display)|
|Microphone||Required (may be bundled)||Receives audio from one or more room participants (may be build into the camera)|
|Tablet Computer||Recommended||Start meetings, dials, provides wireless in-room sharing and controls the room display|
|Screen Share Adapter||Recommended||Allows in-room attendees to share their computer screen via a cable (optional)|