When using Work for Desktop, the user has to enter their password every time, even though the Remember Me option is checked.
- Work for Desktop
Quit Instead of Logging Out
Users who want to avoid having to re-authenticate on start-up should do both of the following.
- At the initial login screen, ensure the Remember Me box is checked.
- Select 8x8 Work > Quit closing the application. (Do not select Log Out.)
There are several possible causes to this problem.
- When ending the use of the 8x8 Work client, the user is selecting Log Out instead of Exit.
- When a user logs out, the application will still remember the username, but will require a password to re-authenticate.
- When a user exits the program (or closes the browser) without logging out, they will be able to start up with the same extension credentials without re-authentication the next time Work for Desktop is opened.