To set up 8x8 Contact Center Social Channels.
- 8x8 Contact Center
- Social Channels
Set up Contact Center Social Channels in Configuration Manager
- Log into Configuration Manager.
- Go to Channels in the navigation menu.
- Select the Social tab.
- Click + Add new Facebook channel or +Add new Twitter channel to add a new social channel.
- At the prompt, enter the email address and the respective password associated with the social account. Click Login (In Facebook) or Authorize App (In Twitter).
You have now successfully created the social channel. The social channel appears in the list of social channels on your tenant.
Define the Social Chat Routing by Configuring a Social Script
A social script allows you to define the routing of chats received on social media. You can define when and how to interact with customers using the specific IVR objects. Contact Center Social introduces the following core social objects to facilitate interaction routing.
|Check Social ID||
Allows you to check the social ID of the customer and identify if it is an existing customer in the Local CRM and trigger screen pop. If it is a new customer, it automatically creates a new customer record in the Local CRM. The following exit points are available for this IVR object.
|Send Prompt||Allows you to display predefined greetings or messages in the chat window.
Example: Welcome to Robin’s Fashions. How may I help you?
|Get Customer Info||
Requests additional information such as Customer ID, Case ID, email, phone number to learn more details about the customer.
Example: Robin’s Fashions serves membership based services offering early access to their product lines and better discounts to their members. To offer premium quality service to their members, the company collects the membership ID information, identify premium customers, and direct them to a fast serving queue.
Note: Custom fields in the Local CRM are not supported for data dip.
|Question||Allows you to pop a question to the customer on social media. You can design these questions to get more information about the customer’s needs. The following question types are supported:
|Skip Queue||Use this object to allow customers to opt out of waiting in the chat queue and send an email offline. Upon initiating a chat, if the customer chooses not to wait for an agent, then they can simply send an email.
Emails can be sent via an email channel or as plain emails to the specified email address. You can even predefine the email subject to conveniently filter the messages received.
Crafting the Social Script
- In Contact Center Configuration Manager, go to Scripts.
- Select the Social tab.
- Click Add new social media script.
- Enter the general properties and save.
- In the Script tab, you are now ready to craft the script.
- Customer initiates a chat in the Messenger during their business hours. Add and select an existing [Schedule].
- Using the Social ID, validate the customer and check if it’s an existing customer. [Check Social ID]
- Customer is greeted with a welcome message. Under the Contact Found exit point, add a message using [Send Prompt - Welcome back to Robin’s Fashions. How may I help you?].
- Customer is prompted to enter the member ID to validate business membership. [Get Customer Info - Collect Customer ID]
- If it is a member, customer is prompted - Do you need assistance with an existing order? [Question - Yes/No]
- If Yes - Direct them to the Sales Orders queue. [Forward to Queue]
- If No - Direct them to the New Order queue. [Forward to Queue]
- Upon checking the Social ID in step b, if it is found to be a new customer then the customer is directed to the new customers queue.
- Save the script.