Pull emails from an 8x8 Contact Center Queue.
Note: Pulling emails is a privilege given by the administrator in Configuration Manager.
- 8x8 Contact Center
- Email Queues
- Agent Workspace
- In Agent Workspace, set your status to Working Offline. If your status is Available, Agent Workspace may offer you a new interaction before you can complete pulling email interactions from an email queue.
- Go to the My Assigned Queues in the Control Panel.
- Click Pull or click the number of emails.
- Check the sender or subject of the email, and click under the Subject column of an email you wish to open.
- If the screen pop fails to open, clean up your browser cache and cookies and log back in.
- If you have multiple emails opened in tabs, the screen pop tab, which displays the case number and customer name, helps you navigate better.
- Click Accept Email.
- Your status changes to Busy. The email creates a case, and opens in a new tab.
- The Reject interaction button is disabled if your contact center administrator has not granted permission. This prevents agents from rejecting the interactions they are offered.
- Your status changes to Post Processing, and then back to Work Offline. The email saves as a case in the Open state and is assigned to you. You can edit case details, reply, or create a new follow-up.
The Status tab in the Control Panel lists your email queues and indicates the number of emails pending in a queue. Note that you cannot receive emails (including attachments) larger than 30 MB via email channels.