Porting your phone numbers in to 8x8.
Transferring an existing phone number eliminates the inconvenience of changing phone numbers.
- No new phone numbers to remember
- No need to notify friends, family, customers and business contacts of your new phone number
- No need to print new stationery or business cards
- Port your existing numbers from another service provider to 8x8 without interrupting your business.
- Initiate porting with required support documents, view porting status, and resolve porting errors.
- Get temporary numbers and begin using 8x8 services without having to wait for the porting process to complete. For inbound calls, ask your service provider to forward your calls to the temporary number. Keep your porting number for caller ID.
- Enjoy the seamless swap of temporary numbers with the ported numbers once the porting is complete.
- Generate a report that lists all phone numbers, assigned or available in your phone system. Find out the list of ported numbers, or numbers that are pending porting, or those that have failed porting by using the relevant filters.
- 8x8 Manager Express
Get Ready to Port
Before initiating the porting process, make sure you cancel any special services for your numbers, such as DSL. We strongly recommend you have the following information on hand:
- The billing owner information: first name, last name, company, and address.
- The name of the previous phone service provider, such as:
- US: AT&T, Comcast, etc
- UK: BT, Gamma, etc
- A telephone number for billing purposes that remains on the account.
- For landlines or fax numbers, you can enter the primary telephone number on the account. For wireless, mobile, and toll-free accounts, enter one of the numbers you are porting.
- The phone numbers you are about to port to 8x8.
- A completed Letter of Authorization (LOA).
Note: We recommend that you consult with your current carrier as to whether a fee applies when you change your preferred carrier.
Porting Your Number in to 8x8
- Log in to 8x8 Manager Express.
- From the left menu, click Port Numbers. Here you can view the status of port requests.
- On the number porting page, click Port Numbers in the upper right corner.
- Review the Pre-Check page in the Porting Wizard and click Continue.
- On the Basic Information page, complete the required information.
- Authorized First Name
- Authorized Last Name
- Note: If you do not have an address set in the system, click Add New Address.
- Click Continue.
- On the Select Numbers page, select your current service provider.
- Enter your Billing Telephone Number.
- List the numbers to be ported. Hit enter or space after entering a number and allow the number to populate in the field.
- For Toll free numbers, you will need to provide a scanned or electronic copy of your bill.
- For wireless numbers, enter your Account number and PIN, and click the toggle if you want to use the same account number and PIN for all wireless phone numbers.
- Click Continue.
- Select your temporary numbers.
- Review the terms and conditions in the Letter of Authorization.
- Click I Agree.
- You will receive an email confirmation of your request.
You need to have some available licenses to be able to port, otherwise the assignment porting page may be blank.