To set or change your status in Virtual Office Desktop.
The Virtual Office desktop app lets you easily see the availability status of other Virtual Office users on your phone system, and likewise allows your colleagues to see your status. A user's status can be changed automatically by Virtual Office, or changed manually by the user:
|Status||Definition||Automatic or Manual|
|Available||You are available for calls and chat communication. If you previously set a manual status, selecting Available switches you back to automatic status.||Both|
|Do Not Disturb||You are available for chat. Calls during this state are forwarded to voicemail.||Manual|
|Busy||Your status automatically indicates you are busy when in a Virtual Office meeting. You can still receive communications.||Both|
|On Call||Your status automatically indicates you are on a call when you are participating in a phone call.||Automatic|
|Away||Your status automatically indicates you are away if you are logged in but inactive for a specified time. You can still receive communications.||Both|
|Invisible||This status prevents other Virtual Office users from seeing your presence information when you are logged in, but you still receive communications.||Manual|
|Offline||This status appears when you are not logged in to Virtual Office. Calls during this state are forwarded to voicemail.||
To understand the settings of each status that is able to set within your Virtual Office Desktop
- Virtual Office Desktop (VOD)
- Virtual Office Mobile (VOM)
- First log into your Virtual Office Desktop on the preferred device of use.
- Once logged in please see to the image below and clicking onto your icon, this will show what your profile is currently set as:
- The Virtual Office desktop app allows you to set your status, and lets you easily see the availability status of other Virtual Office users on your phone system, and likewise allows your colleagues to see your status.
- The Virtual Office desktop app allows the following status options: