My Polycom desk phone cannot activate or get service, and the screen reads Line Unregistered.
Polycom IP phones
Make sure the phone is on a supported firmware version. VVX phones on firmware lower than 4.1.6, and Soundpoint IP phones on firmware lower than 4.0.8 will not come online and will display "Line Unregistered" when provisioned to 8x8. These devices will need to have the firmware upgraded.
Contact 8x8 Support if you need assistance upgrading the devices firmware.
Often, simply power cycling the phone will allow it to re-download the proper configuration in full and help correct this issue.
- Unplug the phone from its power source.
- Wait a full minute or longer.
- Plug it back in.
- Give the phone several minutes to start back up and reacquire its configuration.
- Move the phone to a known working location.
- Check firewall settings.
- Disable SRTP on the affected extension(s). (Note: Editions and X Series services only.)
- Ensure there is no double NAT (two routers connected together, that the phones pass through).
- Set a static IP with the ISP DNS as the primary and secondary DNS addresses.
- If there are multiple phones experiencing this issue, the local network will need to be checked. Contact 8x8 support for assistance.
"Line Unregistered" is a general error that simply means the phone cannot authenticate with the SIP proxy. Specific root cause can vary, and is most commonly the LAN configuration being incorrect for 8x8 service. This issue may sometimes manifest intermittently due to network fluctuations, as well as issues with SRTP services.