Okta administrators will need to configure their Okta account for 8x8 SSO before completing changes in Virtual Office (VO) Configuration Manager.
Add the 8x8 SAML Application in Okta
- Open the Okta Admin portal.
- Click the Applications menu and select Applications.
- Click Add Application.
- Search for 8x8 Inc and click Add.
- In General Settings, click Done.
Add Users to the 8x8 Inc Application
- If needed, click the Applications menu to see your installed applications, then click 8x8 Inc to open that application.
- Click the Assignments tab.
- Click the Assign drop-down and select Assign to People.
- Click Assign for each individual user you are providing access to 8x8 Virtual Office.
- Click Done.
Obtain Your Okta SAML SSO Configuration Info
Follow these steps to gather information for required changes in VO Configuration Manager.
- If needed, first click the Applications menu to see your installed applications, then click 8x8 Inc to open that application.
- Click the Sign On tab.
- Scroll down to Sign On Methods > SAML 2.0 and click View Setup Instructions, which will pop open a new browser tab.
- Because you'll be making changes to VO Configuration Manager instead of Account Manager, skip steps 1-6 of the Setup Instructions and proceed to Step 7.
- Copy and paste the Sign In URL into any text editor (or just keep your browser tab open for later). You'll use this information in the next section.
- Copy and paste the Issuer URL as above.
- Click the Identity Provider Certificate URL and save your okta.cert certificate file to a known location.
Configure Okta Access in VO Configuration Manager
- Log in to VO Configuration Manager and navigate to Home > Virtual Office > Identity Management.
- In Identity Management > Okta > SAML settings, do the following:
- Paste the Okta Sign In URL you copied earlier into the Configuration Manager IDP Login URL area.
- Paste the Okta Issuer URL you copied earlier into the Configuration Manager IDP Issuer URL area.
- Click on Upload Certificate, select the certificate file you downloaded earlier, and click Open.
- In Authentication methods > Login options, click the drop-down menu and select one of the two Single Sign On options:
- Both 8x8 username and Single Sign On allows your 8x8 users to log in using either their 8x8 credentials or their Okta credentials.
- Only Single Sign On forces your 8x8 user to log in to their 8x8 extension using only Okta credentials.
- Scroll down and click Save. Okta users will now be able to use the Single Sign On option to log in to 8x8 Virtual Office Desktop.