Calls to an Auto Attendant Drop Immediately When Any Key is Pressed
When calling in to an Auto Attendant, the call is immediately dropped after making any menu selection.
- Auto Attendants
- 8x8 Admin Console
- Sign in to the 8x8 Admin Console.
- Click on Auto Attendants.
- Click on the pencil icon to edit the affected Auto Attendant.
- Click on the Call Handling Menus option in the left hand navigation pane or scroll down to that section.
- Select the appropriate menu (Open hours, Closed hours, etc.).
- Verify that under the Main Menu it staties, "If no selection is made, wait for 0 second(s)...".
- Click Edit Settings in the Main Menu section
- Change the value in the "Number of seconds the system should wait before taking next action" section to a value larger than 0.
- The recommended wait time is 3 seconds.
- Click Save to save the changes to the Menu.
- Repeat steps 7-9 for any Submenus.
- Click Save to save the changes to the Auto Attendant.
The wait time is set too low causing the Auto Attendant to drop the call before the configured routing for the keypress can take place.
Calls will only be dropped if the "Hang Up" option is selected from the "And then" dropdown list in the Menu settings. If the "Route Call to" option is selected, then any keypress will result in the call getting routed to the selected destination instead of getting dropped.