Unable to Make Outbound Calls on Windows 10 Version
When using Work for Desktop on Windows 10 version 1809 calls will fail and Call Ended message is displayed.
- Work for Desktop
- Windows 10 version 1809 computers
- Select the Windows Icon(1) > Settings(2)
- Select Privacy.
- Select Microphone.
- Verify Allow access to the microphone on this device is set to on, if not select Change and enable
- Verify Allow apps to access your microphone switch is toggle to On.
- Exit Work for Desktop and relaunch the application.
The latest October update for Windows 10, version 1809 or commonly known as "Falls Creator Update" introduced new Privacy Settings that may need to be adjusted to allow Work for Desktop access to microphone.
How to verify OS version: Windows Icon/Start Menu > Settings > System > About:
You can also use the command: winver
(run, search, cmd, powershell) recommended for advanced users only - some users are not comfortable entering commands manually:
This article can used with this issue:
Can't Answer Calls on a Monitored Extension If the User Is Logged in to Work for Desktop Without an Audio Device