How to Enable Persistent Connection Mode as an Agent
Enable Persistent Connection Mode as an agent. Persistent Connection Mode must be enabled per session.
Once enabled by an Admin, Agents can change their connection mode to Persistent or On Demand via My Profile > Phone Connection Mode. A confirmation message notifies the agent of the setting change.
- 8x8 Contact Center
- 8x8 Agent Console
- Persistent Connection Mode
- Log in to 8x8 Agent Workspace.
- Set the status to On break.
- Change the status to Available.
- Answer the inbound call to receive a four-digit PIN code to authenticate the persistent connection. This PIN is valid only for that session. Every time an agent logs in and makes themselves available, they receive a new PIN for authentication.
- Enter the PIN and click Confirm.
- A message appears indicating that Persistent Connection Mode is open. If you miss the call, click to re-open the connection.
For more information on Persistent Connection Mode, see the 8x8 Contact Center product documentation.