Hubspot requires that users have a minimum access level to their service in order to validate external applications, allowing them to access and store data in Hubspot.
This guide will show you the specific levels of Hubspot service access required per user to authenticate the 8x8 Work integration.
Important Note: Once a user has authenticated the 8x8 integration for use in Hubspot, any undesired access rights for that user can be revoked.
The user's initial authentication process only needs to be performed once. The integration will remain authenticated regardless of future user access rights in Hubspot.
- 8x8 Work for Hubspot Integration
- 8x8 Contact Center (VCC) for Hubspot Integration
The changes in this section must be performed by a Hubspot Administrator.
To enable the 8x8 integration in Hubspot, each 8x8 Work integration user must have the following Hubspot access rights granted, in general:
Below are the specific, minimum requirements for all three of the above categories. Once you've enabled these options, be sure to Save your changes.
Setting Minimum Access Requirements for Users
To change the security properties of users:
- Log into Hubspot as a Super Admin.
- Click on the Settings gear icon at the top-right of the screen.
- In the navigation area at the left, go to Settings > Account Setup and click Users & Teams.
- Select the individual Users or Teams that you'll be changing, and click Edit.
- Continue with the instructions below to alter the user access rights.
- Be sure to Save your changes when you are done.
- The user must be assigned View and Edit access.
- The user must be allowed to see Unassigned contacts and companies (check both boxes) for either Team only or Owned only options. Selecting Everything from the drop-down menu automatically provides full View or Edit access to the user.
In the Marketing tab, the following minimum access items must be set for the user:
- Marketing Access must be set to ON.
- Email must allow the user to Publish, which automatically enables Write and Read access.
- Lists must be enabled.
Note: The required Service tab operations have moved to a new CRM tab since this article was first published.
In the Service (CRM) tab:
- Only Edit access must be enabled. To do this, select any option from the dropdown menu except None.
The User must grant 8x8 permission to access Hubspot
This part of the process assumes that the 8x8 Virtual Office for Integrations Chrome extension has already been installed in the user's Chrome browser.
- The user must log out of Hubspot and log back in as needed, to activate their new access rights.
- Hover over the Hubspot Contacts menu and select Contacts.
- The 8x8 communication panel should pop up. If it appears blank, immediately close the panel (click on the red and white X).
- Then click on the 8x8 launcher icon at the bottom-right of the screen to re-launch it.
- If the user is presented with account options, they should select the account that they will use the 8x8 integration with.
- On Request for Integration Permissions, click Grant access.
- Then confirm the resulting reCaptcha prompt to prove you are not a robot.
- The first time the user sees the full integration popup, they must select Virtual Office from the 8x8 Product dropdown list, and click Save.
- If needed, you can reach this section by clicking on the 8x8 communication panel's Setup (gear) icon and then Advanced.
- The user will be returned to the Contacts page, and the 8x8 communication panel will now display the login prompt.
- To confirm that the integration is properly Connected, click on the Setup (gear) icon > Integrations > Hubspot.
- Note: Clicking Disconnect and then Connect will not have any effect other than to disable and then re-enable the integration's connection to Hubspot.
- The Hubspot service administrator can now have the user log out of Hubspot, and demote their account, if needed.
- The user should now log in again and confirm that the 8x8 communication panel launches properly.