Note: To enable Call Recording in Virtual Office Desktop or in Account Manager, the legacy version of 8x8 Admin Console, click here.
To enable call recording which can record incoming and outgoing calls, play them back, download, or delete them. The feature can record all calls, record calls selectively, or never record calls. You can also set notifications that will announce to the caller and callee that a call is being recorded.
This feature is available in the following Virtual Office packages:
- X Series X2 and higher.
- 8x8 Admin Console
- Log in to 8x8 Admin Console.
- Click Users.
- Select the Edit icon on the right.
- Scroll to Call Recording Settings.
- Set your Recording Mode to one of the following:
- Allow User to Record Calls Selectively
- Record all Calls for this User
- Never Record Calls for this User
- Select who will hear the Recording Announcement from the following options:
- Announce Call Recording to Remote Party
- Announce Call Recording to Me
- Announce Call Recording to Me and Remote Party
- Announce Call Recording to Neither Party
- Click Save.
Users are able to record calls and maintain recording data up to 1GB and higher, according to the license. The storage fee is $5.99 / £3.99 per 1 GB (or portion thereof) in excess of the storage limit. To avoid extra charges, it is important to monitor your storage usage and download and delete your recordings before they exceed the 1.0 GB limit.