How to disable User Provisioning Integration (SCIM) in 8x8 Admin Console
- 8x8 Admin Console
- Single Sign-On (SSO)
- User Provisioning Integration (SCIM)
To disable the use of User Provisioning Integration (SCIM) and Single Sign-On (SSO) on the 8x8 Work service and maintain user login ability, direct 8x8 user login should first be enabled (if it is not already) before Single-Sign On is disabled.
Ensure users can log in with their 8x8 Username and Password
On the Identity Management Page in 8x8 Admin Console:
- Check 8x8 Username and Password.
- Click Save.
- Users should reset their 8x8 password if necessary.
- It is recommended that users test and confirm their login with their 8x8 username and password.
Disable User Provisioning Integration and Single Sign-on (SSO)
The user provisioning integration will be disabled automatically when disabling Single Sign-on (SSO).
On the Identity Management page in 8x8 Admin Console:
- Uncheck Single Sign on (SSO).
- Click Save.
- Users will now be required to log in using their 8x8 username and password.
- Disable the Single Sign-On (SSO) integration on the Identity Provider's (IDP) Side
Optionally remove the federation ID from all users in 8x8 Admin Console. It isn't necessary to do this but it could avoid confusion later on.
Some fields for users that have been provisioned with User Provisioning Integration (SCIM) are read-only in 8x8 Admin Console as they are controlled by the Identity Provider. These include:
- First name
- Last name
These fields will remain read-only even after the User Provisioning Integration (SCIM) is disabled. In order to make changes to these fields, the synced user(s) will need to be deleted and recreated in 8x8 Admin Console.