making the phone greeting with the "Call a phone number to record" and getting the message "We were unable to call the provided phone number... "
- Login to 8x8 Admin Console.
- Select Users > edit a user.
- Select Voicemail settings.
- Under "External voicemail greeting", click Change.
- Click "Call a phone number to record"
- Enter a phone number or VO extension.
- Click "Call Now"
- The error displays at the top of the window.
- 8x8 Admin Console User voicemail greeting.
The Call to Record needs to be done by the 8x8 account Primary Admin user, and the Primary Admin needs to have an X2 license.
The 'Call a phone number to record' feature is for use by the Primary Administrator of the 8x8 account.