In 8x8 Contact Center, calls hang up on Line 1 when Agent initiates Line 2.
- Take/make a call on line one.
- Click on line 2 and make a call to another agent in Contact Center.
- If the agent script you are calling hits a Hang up event it will terminate the call for line 2 and also the call on hold on line 1.
- 8x8 Contact Center
For the relevant agent extension script, add a longer say object or forward to agent voicemail under each exit point (reject, time out....etc).
The agent who is trying to transfer the call needs to click the end call button prior to the end of the agent is the busy message as making a longer message will give the agent more time to click end call to go back to the customer otherwise, both line 1 and 2 will be dropped.
- Log in to Contact Center Configuration Manager for Contact Center.
- Identify the relevant agent extension script causing the call drops.
- Modify the script.
- Click Save.
In this example we have used the say message: "The agent is not available to take the call please end the call on this line before the end of this message 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1"
However you may want to amend the message to personalize it or make it longer
Do not loop back to the top of the script having the agent reject the same call again and again. This has the potential to cause subsequent issues.