Turn on Automatic Monitoring to monitor an agent's call in 8x8 Contact Center.
- 8x8 Contact Center
- 8x8 Agent Workspace
- Monitoring Playback
With Automatic Monitoring, any time the agent engages in a queued call, the supervisor is immediately offered a monitoring call automatically.
- Log in to 8x8 Agent Workspace as a supervisor.
- Click Menu > Monitoring.
- Click Agent Management > Monitor.
- Under Action click Monitor (eye icon).
- Click Start Monitoring.
- When the agent engages in a queued call, you are offered a monitoring call. Answer the call to listen in.
- Click End Call or drop the call to leave the call.
Note: Do not click Finish Monitoring to retain the automatic monitoring settings.
- When the agent handles the next call, you are offered the monitoring call again. Use your phone to listen in.
- Click Finish Monitoring when done.
The ability to monitor and archive agent-customer conversations is critical to ensuring the quality of customer service provided by your call center business. The silent monitoring feature allows a supervisor to eavesdrop on a conversation between an agent and a customer without either party knowing that they are being monitored.
As a supervisor, you can listen in on all calls handled by an agent without having to manually turn on monitoring for each call. Any time the agent engages in a queued call, you are immediately offered a monitoring call automatically. Answer the call to listen to the agent's conversation. As a supervisor, you can enable settings to automatically invoke agent monitoring.