Why does average handling time seem to be wrong?
- 8x8 Contact Center
- Agent Interactions Summary
Accepted calls are not the only type of calls that contribute to an agent's total handling time. An accepted call for an agent is one that has come through a queue and was accepted by the agent. In addition to those types of calls, there are two others that contribute to total handling time.
The first type is a transferred call where one agent transfers a call they accepted to another agent. You can see these calls in the Agent Interaction Summary by selecting the Transfers Received metric.
The second type of call is a conference call. A conference call occurs when the agent who accepted the call dials out to another agent and includes the second agent in the original call where both agents and the customer are all talking with each other. Such a call adds handling time to the agent who accepted the call and the agent who was conference into the call. A conference call can include more than just the original agent who accepted the call and a second agent, so some conference calls add handling time to more than two agents.
Conference calls are not shown in the Agent Interaction Summary report. However, it is easy to find them using the Interactions Detailed Report. To get all inbound calls that contributed to an agent's total handling time do the following:
- Log into 8x8 Analytics for Contact Center.
- Select Detailed Reports > Interactions.
- Choose the time period for which you want to find all inbound calls for the agent.
- Click in the Search or filter box and type pa and then choose Participant.
- Choose is and start typing in the name of the agent you're looking for and then check the box next to their name when it comes up and click Finish.
- Click in the Search or filter box next to your Participant filter and type di then choose Direction, then Is then check the Inbound box and click Finish.
- Click in the Search or filter box once again and type off and then choose Offer Action, then is then check the Accepted offer.
- Click Search.
- You'll see the list of inbound calls that included the agent you chose in the Participant field. Some of the lines will have a down arrow to the left of the date/time value. Those are the calls that included the agent on a call they did not accept from the queue or ones where they added another agent to the call.
If you've included the Handling Time column in the report you'll be able to see the handling time for each agent who took part on the call. You can also count the number of lines in the report that only include the agent's name in the Participant column and that will be the number of calls that contributed to the total handling time. The number of lines divided into the agent's total handling time for that time period (found in the Agent Interactions Summary report for the period you entered into the report above or computed by adding the Handling Time values for those lines with only the agent in the Participant column) will give you the average handling time also in the Agent Interactions Summary report.