Viking PA-15 Overhead Paging System Configuration
To configure a Viking PA-15 Overhead Paging System for 8x8 services, move the FXS/FXO Switch to FXS and leave DIP switches 1-10 in default settings. Learn more.
Configuring a Viking PA-15 overhead paging system for 8x8 services.
Viking PA-15 overhead paging system
- Move the FXS/FXO Switch to FXS.
- Leave DIP switches 1-10 in their default settings (Switch 4 and 8 are ON by default; all others are OFF by default).
Note: If you do not want to hear a beep sound when paging, turn DIP Switch 8 OFF.
- Connect the phone line or RJ11 cable to your 8x8 adapter.
- Use a wire cutter to strip the other end of the cable and attach the wires to the corresponding pins on the PA-15:
- Red Wire (Ring): Pin 5
- Green Wire (Tip): Pin 6
Note: The black and yellow wires of the cable are not used.
- Connect the speakers to Pin 1 and Pin 2 on the PA-15.
The Viking PA-15 device:
- Has 15 watts of output power.
- Can support up to 15 8-ohm speakers.
If you are seeking a higher output, you may be interested in the Viking PA-30 instead (30W output; supports up to 30 8-ohm speakers).