After manually applying SIP credentials to certain Polycom devices, any outbound calls will fail.
- Polycom Trio Series
This is due to the BFCT codex not being disabled, as this is defaulted to be enabled. When provisioning the phones with 8x8 the configuration will apply the setting to be disabled, where as applying the SIP credentials it does not.
You will need to download the configuration from the Web GUI of the device and apply a line of code in order to resolve the issue.
The device web interface (GUI) allows you to make changes to the phone's settings via a web browser on your computer, which can often be more convenient than on the phone screen itself. You must ensure that:
- The phone is plugged into the network
- The computer is on the same network as the phone
- In a web browser on a computer on the same network as the phone, browse to the phone's IP address (https://<IP address of phone).
- Log in as with the following details
- Username: Admin
- Password: Phones MAC Password
Device information and MAC password can be found in Account Manager and 8x8 Admin Console.
- Click on Utilities > Import & Export Configuration.
- Expand the Export Configuration section.
- While All Configuration (except Device Settings) is selected, hit Export.
- Save resulting file.
- Click on the dropdown menu and select Device Settings.
- Hit Export and save resulting file.
- Once you have the file open it up in a text document and add the following to it
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<ALL content.bfcp.enabled="0" /> (this is the new line)
- Once added save the file and re-upload the configuration file to the effected device
This is due to the BFCT codex not being disabled.