8x8 wants to keep you on our latest and greatest platform, X Series. We are upgrading all our Editions users to X Series.
Outcomes from Your Upgrade
- The update will be automatic with no action needed.
- The license will be updated from Editions to X Series based on the mapping below. Prices will remain the same with no changes.
|Editions License||X Series License||Differences||Extras|
|VO Editions Lobby||X Series Lobby||None||
|VO Editions Basic||X Series X1||None|
|VO Editions X2||X Series X2||None||Call recording feature with 1 GB media storage (more storage sold separately)|
|VO Editions X5||X Series X3||None||
|VO Editions X6||X Series X4||None||
Before and After Experience
- Log in to Configuration Manager.
- From the Home page, click Licenses.
After the next billing cycle, you will see the updated services on you bill.
What will my experience be after the upgrade?
- The upgrade is seamless. No action needed is needed.
- You will see updated licenses (shown above) and new service names in your next billing statement.
What does this change mean?
We are updating all Editions licenses to X Series licenses. You will only see a change in the license or SKU that is switched from Editions to X Series. You will also see this update reflected in your next bill. The licenses will be X Series licenses.
How can I opt out of the update?
Users are not able to opt out of this update. Virtual Office Editions is being phased out, so all users will be updated to X Series.