To configure Salesforce SSO in Virtual Office Configuration Manager, click here.
Salesforce single sign on (SSO) allows 8x8 Virtual Office for Salesforce integration users to sign in to Salesforce and their 8x8 extension at the same time, using only their Salesforce login credentials.
The configuration steps here must be performed in both Salesforce and the 8x8 Account Manager by an administrator of those accounts. Once configured, the Salesforce SSO feature is applied globally, affecting all Salesforce users on an account.
Note: If you have not already installed the 8x8 Virtual Office for Salesforce integration, please download and install the integration before proceeding with configuring Salesforce SSO.
Step 1: Configuring Account Manager User Profiles for SSO
To configure Salesforce SSO for multiple users at one time
- Log in to Account Manager.
- Go to Accounts > User Profiles.
- Click Edit/Viewable Hidden Fields.
- Towards the bottom of the Edit User Profile Fields window, ensure the box for SFDC ID is checked.
- Click Save.
- To the right and below the table, click Download CSV Template.
- Download and open the file.
- Edit the Salesforce ID field for each Salesforce user, entering their Salesforce Username (Salesforce login ID).
- You may also make changes to any other other information that needs updating.
Important: Do not make any changes to the 8x8 Internal ID column.)
- Once you have made all your changes, save the file to your computer hard drive.
- On the Account Manager User Profiles page, click Upload CSV Template, then Proceed.
- Click Add, then locate the file you just saved and click Open, then Upload.
- Verify that the new information is correct and then click Submit.
- Proceed to configure Salesforce in the next section below.
To configure Salesforce SSO for individual users
- In the Account Manager User Profiles page, locate the individual user you wish to configure for SSO access in the table,
- Click Edit from the Actions column.
- In the Update User Profile window, enter the Salesforce ID of the Salesforce user associated with that 8x8 User Profile and phone extension.
Note: The Salesforce ID and 8x8 User Name are not required to be the same.
Step 2: Configuring Salesforce
Note: Integration SSO is an all-or-none configuration. If enabled, ALL integration users added to the 8x8 Virtual Office call center will use this feature.
- Log in to Salesforce as an administrator.
- At the top left of the screen, click Setup.
- At the top left of the screen, search for Call Center, then click the Call Centers link.
- Under All Call Centers, locate the 8x8 Virtual Office Integration call center and click Edit.
- In the Enable Salesforce SSO field, enter true in lower case.
- Click Save.
- All users must log out of Salesforce and then log back in again to fully enable the Salesforce SSO.
- Once logged back in, click on the Salesforce Home tab.
- The first time a user logs in to Salesforce after this configuration change, a window will pop requesting permission to allow Single Sign On. Click Allow.
That’s it! Users can now log in to Salesforce without needing to separately log in to the communication panel.