This article explains how docking and undocking of the integration communication panel works in both Salesforce Classic and Lightning modes.
Note: The combined ability to both undock and re-dock the communication panel is available only in Salesforce Lightning mode.
Also, the floating communication panel does not automatically move to the foreground when a call is made or received. This action must be performed by the user.
- 8x8 Work for Salesforce Integration v3.1 (Maestro)
- Salesforce Classic and Lightning modes
Requirements and Limitations in Salesforce
Integration undocking behaves differently between Salesforce Classic and Lightning modes.
|8x8 Work Integration v3.1
|Permanently undocked, and cannot be docked in the Salesforce Classic sidebar area.
|Can be undocked (made to float) and re-docked in the Salesforce Lightning Utility Bar.
To undock the communication panel:
- Click on the Phone button in the Salesforce Lightning Utility Bar. In this example it's been renamed to 8x8 Phone.
- Click on the box and arrow icon to undock the comm panel. It may take a few seconds to reload.
To re-dock the floating communication panel:
- Click on the box and arrow icon to re-dock the comm panel.
- Click on the Phone button in the Salesforce Lightning Utility Bar to view it, as needed.
Note: If you're viewing Salesforce at the time of a call and need to bring the floating 8x8 comm panel into view, just click the Phone icon in the Salesforce Utility bar.