Users are unable to send or receive SMS or MMS messages and may or may not receive an error.
- Use of 8x8 SMS now requires that your company register an SMS campaign with The Campaign Registry. Please see this article for details: SMS Campaign Registration and Impact
- If your business is not registered with The Campaign Registry, unregistered SMS/MMS will no longer be supported after March 31, 2023.
- If your company had users enabled for SMS before February 15, 2023, and is not currently registered, be advised that changing a user's phone number or user license will result in disablement of SMS for that user. Re-enabling SMS for any user in this condition would require that your company register an SMS campaign.
- 8x8 Work
- X Series
- 8x8 Admin Console
If you already have a successfully registered SMS Campaign and are still experiencing issues, this may be resolved by swapping numbers in 8x8 Admin Console.
Use of 8x8 SMS requires that users be assigned an X2 or higher X-Series license.
- Log in to 8x8 Admin Console.
- Click Users.
- Click Edit.
- Navigate to Voice basic settings.
- Swap the affected phone number with another available number on the account.
- Click Save.
- Wait 30 seconds and navigate back to Voice basic settings to swap the number back.
Allow a couple of minutes for SMS to provision with our carrier and then re-test SMS/MMS. If this process did not work, create a case with 8x8 support.
The carrier provisioning is out of sync or out of date. Performing a number swap rebuilds the SMS carrier provisioning.