Description & Download
Recommended Installers (64-Bit)
EXE for per-user deployment: Allows users to install and update on their own, keeping you up-to-date and secure with the latest features and fixes. (Click here to learn more about managing installation for Windows.)
Only if Needed
For machine-wide installation: 64-Bit MSI
Version 8.6 published on 09/18/23.
Minimum system requirements
- Operating System
- Windows 10 and newer
- MacOS 10.10 and newer
- Hardware Requirements
- 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
- 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
- 16 GB of available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
- Minimum 1.5 Mbps down/up (Cable modem, DSL, or better)
For a complete list of requirements, refer to the X Series Technical Requirements.
What's new in this release?
The key features in Work for Desktop v 8.6 are:
Voice, Messaging, and Core
Option to enforce resolving contacts for Ring Group calls and logs
- By default, Ring Group calls and their logs follow the Admin Console - Ring Group Caller ID setting.
- This means that the available contacts (Company or Personal) are not considered unless enforced.
- Use Settings > Contacts > 'Resolve Ring Group calls against available Contacts' toggle to enforce incoming calls and logs to consider the imported contacts.
Various enhancements & fixes
- Importing contacts from both O365 and Outlook at the same time is now possible.
- Double clicking on Hang-Up call works properly.
- Calendar authentication and authorization is now done in the system-browser to enable company authentication policies.
- Option to enable/disable microphone Automatic Gain Control (AGC) in Settings > Audio & Video > 'Automatically adjust mic sensitivity'.
- Improved experience on bulk deleting faxes.
Download for Windows
Work for Desktop v 7.7, and later, provides two packages for Windows. The two packages are fundamentally different, using different deployment and update mechanisms. We recommend reading the following carefully before using either of them.
EXE Version for Per-User Deployment
The .exe version is meant for users that have their own machines and can install upgrades on their own without their company controlling the updates they install.
What to Consider
- EXE version will be installed to %LOCALAPPDATA%.
- Automatic updates are downloaded and installed for the user. (In previous versions, users were prompted to install the update.)
- No need for maintenance — Work for Desktop will keep itself up-to-date and secure.
- Work for Desktop will check for updates every time the user signs in or once every 24 hours. Users can also check for updates manually. The updates are downloaded in the background without user intervention
- If there is an update to be installed, Work for Desktop will apply the update automatically when the user signs into Work for Desktop. If the user has not installed an update three days after it was downloaded, they will see a Relaunch to Install banner. They can click the link and install the update.
MSI for Machine-Wide Installation
The Windows Installer file (MSI) package installs Work for Desktop machine-wide to the Program Files folder. By installing in the Program Files folder, it can be used by multiple users on one computer.
This package is best for companies that want to control the version that their users receive.
What to Consider
- Single installation on a machine that multiple users that use the computer can leverage.
- IT Admins are required to keep Work for Desktop up-to-date and secure.
Download for Mac
Click the button below to download and install Work for Desktop for macOS (Intel) (DMG file).
Click the button below to download and install Work for Desktop for macOS (M1) (DMG file).